Perfect 1:87 scale reproduction of the FS E646.002 locomotive, as it was at the end of the 1950s (IIIb era). Original “magnolia” green / fog grey livery with brown bogies, temporary frontal FS insignia or emblem with large metallic letters. All details are in keeping with the historic setting: original narrow front steps, original disposition of side air intakes, original short supports on roof border, security pantographs devices and intake for Musso valve on roof of cabin A, one wiper on driver’s side, original central flag support, without horns on the roof, old type Hasler mechanic tachograph, original high tension devices, dampers between bodies, old type air couplers on buffer beams, old type buffers and lamp rings, without signalling repetition devices. Front gutters and external security tap for pantographs. Pantographs type 42 LR.
The E646.002 was delivered by TIBB to the FS in November 1958, and it was the first machine to break with “tradition” regarding the livery for the electric rolling stock: In contrast to the 001 unit, this one was delivered by the factory in the new “magnolia” green livery with stylized wings and roof in “fog” grey, which was adopted on all subsequent E646s as well as the E646.001, and completed afterwards with a big FS emblem with metallic letters on some units.
This new livery took the colours from the prestigious ETR.300 “Settebello”, in order to identify the destination of these machines at a glance, and was immediately assigned to the most prestigious trains of the period.
The chassis was still the same as that of the E646.001, directly derived from the E636 second series from which they inherited all the mechanical features.